Sometimes you want a little something special for breakfast, but French toast and pancakes can be a hassle, slaving away over the stove top to make them fresh for each person’s order. This Waffle Bacon Casserole is a treat that’ll serve the whole family!
Use frozen waffles to make baking this a breeze. Get layering with bacon after dipping in the egg and milk mixture, then bake it all up for a feast that serves up nicely with syrup and fruit for an easy weekend breakfast.
- 12-16 frozen waffles
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6-8 slices bacon, sliced into 3 parts
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a casserole dish with nonstick spray or lightly with butter.
- Bake waffles on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy, flipping once if needed, (or cook in the toaster according to package directions).
- While the waffles bake, combine the milk, eggs, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Once the waffles are done, cut them into quarters and dunk them quickly into the milk mixture.
- Start layering the dunked waffles and bacon pieces in your prepared casserole dish, then drizzle with the maple syrup.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil, then bake for 40-50 minutes. Uncover the casserole dish to bake for the last 10-15 minutes uncovered, until the waffles are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and spread butter evenly over the top.
- Serve with more maple syrup if desired. Enjoy!