It's been a long day, but you want to make a dessert that'll be an after-dinner treat. Maybe you'll eat it while watching your favorite show this evening...
While most cakes include the typical eggs, flour, vanilla, and butter, this recipe is different. For one thing, it's super easy because all you'll need is a box of chocolate cake - it'll save you extra time! The secret ingredient makes it more tantalizing.
What if I told you that Dr. Pepper was baked right into the cake? To top it all off, add canned cherries to set off the spicy flavor of the soda. Sounds good, right?
Do you want to make it? Get the recipe here:
What You'll Need
For The Cake:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 12-oz. can of Dr. Pepper soda
1 11-oz. jar of hot fudge, warmed
For The Frosting:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp Maraschino cherry juice
1/4 tsp kosher salt
Maraschino cherries, for garnish
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Combine cake mix and Dr. Pepper in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Transfer batter to greased pan and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Take cake out of oven and wait for it to cool. Once cool, poke small holes in it with the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour hot fudge into the holes.
- Make frosting: In a large bowl, combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, Maraschino cherry juice, and salt with a hand mixer. Spread frosting on cake and decorate with Marachino cherries.
Will you make this recipe? Don't forget to SHARE it with a friend!