Pizza is many things, but good for weight-loss? Not so much...until now! This Skinny Mexican Pizza is perfect for your Cinco de Mayo festivities, and it’s guilt-free, too with healthy toppings that’ll keep you trim!
This “pizza” still has the cheese factor, and is loaded with toppings that taste as great as they make you feel! Serve these up for a pizza party like no other!
For the pizza:
- 8 large (7-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 14.5-ounce cans refried beans
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can whole black olives, sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ bunch green onions, sliced
- ¾ cup shredded light monterey jack cheese
- Avocado cream, to taste (recipe below)
- Optional: salsa for serving
For the avocado cream:
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees with a pizza stone or a large baking sheet inside.
- Working in batches, lay as many tortillas out as possible on the pizza stone without overlapping and bake for 10 minutes, or until just crispy. Repeat until all tortillas are crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat the refried beans, paprika, cumin, and cayenne over medium heat until smooth and pliable (it doesn't need to be heated all the way through, just enough to make it easy to spread).
- Divide the refried beans among the crispy tortillas (about ⅓ cup per tortilla), and use a rubber spatula to spread the beans out evenly to the edges.
- Evenly spread the olives, red onion, tomatoes, and bell pepper among the tortillas.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ tablespoons of shredded cheese over the top of each pizza.
- Bake the pizzas for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the toppings are cooked through. Work in batches if needed.
- For the avocado cream, add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth
- Before serving, dollop or swirl avocado cream over the pizzas, to taste, and sprinkle sliced green onions on top.
- Serve with a side of salsa, if desired.