In my family, there's no recipe that gets requested for Sunday dinner more often than this one.
It's simple and fast, but so flavorful. If you've never used soda in a sauce you don't know what you're missing. Sweet flavors pair really well with pork, and you can really have fun by using your favorite flavor of soda.
Root beer, Dr. Pepper and plain old Coca-Cola all give a different twist to this dish. Try it once and we guarantee you'll be hooked!
Pair it with your favorite sides, like mashed potatoes or green beans, and try the Dr. Pepper cake for dessert!
- 1 cup of your choice of soda
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (about 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the soda, ketchup, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and the garlic powder.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the pork chops into the bag one at a time, shaking it to coat them in the mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook the pork chops over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. The chops should start browning slightly. Drain the skillet, then add the soda mixture. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes (a meat thermometer in the chops should say 145 degrees).
- Remove the pork and let it stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you loved these pork chops, odds are you'll enjoy these slow cooker caramelized ribs too!
Share this tasty recipe with someone you know!