Have you ever heard of Monkey Butter?! If not, you’re in for a real treat...and if you have, well, you’re surely getting excited to come across a recipe to make your own!
This spreadable treat is made of bananas, pineapple, and coconut (plus a couple other ingredients, but we’ll get to that later), and this stuff is seriously addictive! It may not look like much going into the pan, but once you’ve made a batch, you’ll want to put it on everything! Give it a try - it’s the perfect topper for toast, ice cream, or anything you like!
- 4 perfectly ripe bananas
- 14 ounce can of crushed pineapple (with the juice)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened ground coconut
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Chop the banana into thin slices.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large nonstick pan.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the banana has dissolved and the mixture has thickened slightly (about 15 to 20 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Serve warm over ice cream or on toast, pancakes or waffles.
- Can be stored in the fridge for 4 to 6 weeks.