Pasta is one of the easiest dinners you can make for your family, but that also means they get bored of it easily. You can put a fresh spin on an old classic - and make it healthier at the same time - by combining pesto fettuccine with a simple sauce made from roasted squash.
This recipe adds a lot of vibrant color and flavors to your dish. It's perfect for dinner for two or the whole family, and even your picky eaters will love it because this dish is totally vegetarian.
- 2 pounds of peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taster
- Pesto sauce
- 250 grams of fettuccine noodles
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Mix the squash in a bowl with olive oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper until all the cubes are seasoned.
Empty the bowl onto a baking tray lined with wax paper and bake until the squash is tender and brown.
Empty the squash into a food processor, adding the vegetable broth and the balsamic vinaigrette.
Puree until the sauce is smooth.
To make the pasta, heat pesto sauce in a pan and add fettuccine noodles.
Serve the pasta over the sauce.
This dish already has a lot of great color, but adding a few cherry tomatoes on each plate will really make it pop!