Chili is one of my favorite comfort foods. Especially while the cold weather is freezing everything outside, it's nice to cozy up inside with a warm bowl of chili.
This Pumpkin Chili is a fun spin on a classic with the addition of just that - pumpkin! Unexpected, yes, but once you try this, you won't want to go back! The pumpkin thickens the chili nicely and adds a nice flavor that isn't overpowering. If you like hearty, this recipe is for you.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 3 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can green chiles
- 1 packet of chili seasoning
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium heat, cook meat until brown and drain.
Stir in remaining ingredients and seasonings. Simmer 1 hour.