Making pizza at home can be a daunting task, the dough being the hardest part. This recipe will save you the trouble and impress your guests at the same time!
This Hot Pizza Dip has the same gooey cheese and any of your favorite toppings you want to throw in! All the pizza flavor and none of the carbs! We used sliced bread to scoop it up but don’t be afraid try tortillas or even potato chips!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash crushed red pepper, optional
- dash paprika, optional
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 loaf french bread/baguette, sliced
- Place a paper towel on a large plate. Place a single layer of pepperoni slices on top.
- Microwave the pepperoni for one minute, or until it is just barely starting to get crispy. Set aside.
- In a bowl or mixer, beat together the cream cheese, oregano, parsley, basil, garlic powder, green pepper, and paprika.
- Spread mixture in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, or a shallow microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, then top with green pepper, pepperoni and olive slices. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Serve the dip while it’s hot with sliced baguette, enjoy!