If you’re a peanut butter lover, this is the ultimate treat for you! This Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Cake is extravagant, and so easy to make!
All you need to put this together is some premade chocolate chip cookie dough, and to whip up some yummy peanut butter buttercream frosting! The baked cookie dough creates the layers of your “cake” for a confection you’ve definitely never tried before! Bake this up and you’ll want to make it again and again, maybe with different fillings in the middle!
- 3 16.5 ounce rolls of premade chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 heaping cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide each log of cookie dough into 2 balls. On each baking sheet, place two cookie dough balls and flatten them into big discs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through. Let cool for about 15 minutes on baking sheet then transfer on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter and butter for 2-3 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix until combined. Pour in the heavy cream and beat until smooth. Scrape the bowl again, then mix in the salt. Beaut on high for 3-4 minutes, or until the buttercream has become light and fluffy.
- To assemble the cake, on a cake stand, or large serving dish, apply a very thin layer of frosting then place the first cookie layer on top. Apply a thin layer of frosting on top of the cookie and top with another cookie layer. Repeat with remaining cookies and frosting.