It's a summer camp classic. It's also an American favorite.
Is there anything better than a big messy bite of a tangy beef sandwich? The answer is no (unless you're a vegetarian I guess?)
Sloppy Joes can be a pain in the butt to make, and more often than not your ration of buns to meat mixture is off.
Lucky for you, we've got a great recipe for Sloppy Joe Casserole that is sure to get your taste buds jumping for joy! It's easy, yummy, and guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds ground beef (80/20)
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powde
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 16-ounce can premade biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury Grands)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
How You Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, brown ground beef, breaking up into crumbles, until cooked through.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Drain any excess fat.
- In the same skillet, add to the beef mixture everything from tomato sauce to water. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer sloppy Joe mix into a casserole dish.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1-inch squares. Arrange squares on top of ground beef.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, or until biscuit dough is baked through and golden brown.
- Top with shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Does this not look like the most delicious thing you've ever seen? If you're in a rush, you can also use 1 can of Sloppy Joe sauce. But either way, this will get eaten in a flash!