Everyone has been there.
You've bought a loaf of bread (either fresh baked or the regular pre-sliced stuff) and it goes stale before you can eat it all! It's not even moldy yet, but you don't want to be eating rock hard bread.
If only there was a way to use that bread instead of throwing it out! Oh wait...there is.
This chocolate french toast bake is the perfect sweet treat for breakfast OR dessert, it's your choice!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces day-old or stale bread
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate milk
- 1 pinch salt
How To Make It
- Grease the casserole dish with the butter.
- Place the bread pieces in the casserole dish, and sprinkle with the chocolate chips and walnuts. Use a spoon to drizzle the casserole with Nutella.
- Whisk the eggs and the chocolate milk together, and add a pinch of salt. Pour the mixture over the bread cubes and cover with Saran wrap. Allow to stand for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and bake the casserole for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.