Sandwiches got to be the most eaten food everyday on the planet. Two that are at the top of my list are of course grill cheese and club sandwiches. Let’s put them together to create my ultimate favorite!
Of course the classic club had three slices of bread and this is no different but the bread is actually grilled cheeses! Everything you know about a club sandwich is here, smokey bacon, tender chicken and juicy tomato. Now you can enjoy gooey cheese as well!
- 6 slices white bread
- 3 slices Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and halved
- ¼ pound rotisserie chicken, sliced
- Set your oven to keep warm.
- Begin making your grilled cheeses one, two, or three at a time (depending on the size of your pan - go as big as possible!) by setting a pan or griddle on medium-low heat. Melt a pat of butter onto the pan, then lay down one (or two, or three, depending on the size of your pan - you will have made three grilled cheeses in total by the end) slices of bread directly on the pan. Place a slice of cheese on each slice of bread, then cover with another slice of bread.
- Cook the grilled cheese slowly on the pan until toasted on the bottom and the cheese is starting to melt. Flip the sandwiches, then cook slowly once more until toasted on the other side and the cheese is fully melted. Remove the grilled cheeses and place in the oven to keep warm if you still have another to make.
- Once the 3 grilled cheese sandwiches have been made, begin assembling your club sandwich. Begin by evenly spreading mayonnaise on one side of each sandwich.
- Lay down lettuce on one sandwich, then chicken, then top with the third grilled cheese, mayo-side down. Spread more mayo on the other side of the middle grilled cheese. On another sandwich, lay down tomato, and bacon, then close the sandwich by laying down the other grilled cheese.
- Secure the sandwiches with sandwich skewers, then slice the sandwich up in half or in quarters. Serve immediately. Enjoy!