Look, cookie cups are just a great idea. Who doesn’t want eat a yummy dessert, then eat the cup too!
Homemade gingerbread is where it's at, just make them into a cup to fill with what else then eggnog cheesecake filling! These are pretty mini too, so go ahead and eat it in one bite!
For the cookies:
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 egg, room temperature
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup eggnog
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Extra cinnamon and nutmeg for sprinkling, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two regular muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in a medium mixing bowl, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, molasses, and brown sugar about 2-3 minutes, or until fluffy. Add in the egg and continue beating, then lower the speed and beat in the dry ingredients, continuing to mix until well-combined. Switch to a spoon if the mixture gets too thick.
- Using a large cookie scoop or a spoon, transfer the dough 3 tablespoons-full into the prepared muffin tins, pressing the middle and sides well into the cups.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until just about set but still soft in the middle.
- Once out of the oven, quickly press the cookies down in the center using a shot glass to create an indentation in the center of the cookies. Cool 10 minutes, then loosen slightly, finally cooling another 5 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, to make the cheesecake filling, in a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggnog, nutmeg, and cinnamon until well-mixed.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream, then pipe into the cooled cups. Refrigerate about 2 hours, or until set.
- Serve cold, sprinkled with additional cinnamon and nutmeg if desired. Enjoy!