Cupcakes and ice cream are every kid's favorite food groups, so why not put them together?! These Unicorn Cupcake Cones are that whimsical treat that will have the schoolyard talking!
Simply grab your favorite box cake mix and decadent buttercream frosting, with the addition of some food coloring and ice cream cones you’re done! Not only will your eyes be amazed but your tastebuds too!
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Red, yellow and green food coloring
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Red, green, yellow food coloring
- Combine your cake mix, water, eggs and oil into a bowl and mix until together. Then add into an electric mixer for 2 minutes on medium.
- Now separate your cake batter into three bowls for three colors
- Add red, yellow and green food coloring separately to each bowl
- Set your ice cream cones into a cupcake/muffin tin
- Alternate batter colors into each cone until you have about 1 inch room left from top
- Now add your cupcake in the oven, taking care not to spill. The cupcakes are done when a toothpick comes out clean, which is anywhere from 20-25 minutes
- Cool completely before decorating
- Add your butter into your mixer on medium until it’s fluffy. Then add your vanilla, milk, and sugar.
- Mix together on low until it's all together
- Separate your frosting into different bowls and tint the colors you are going for.
- Fill your 3 piping bags and cut off tip of each one.
- Attach a circle tip #1A to a separate bag with a coupler on the end and cut.
- Put 3 bags of colored frosting inside the coupler bag with the coupler so that the tip of each bag is in the circle tip, creating one frosting bag