Peppermint desserts will be everywhere this time of year, so you better have yours ready to go for your holiday festivities!
Make this cheesecake a day ahead for easy party set up. Creamy peppermint flavor with a crunchy Oreo cookie crust. For more candy cane craziness crush a bunch right on top!
For the Crust:
- 22 Oreo Cookies
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
For the Filling:
- 16 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 6 drops Pink Food Coloring
- Crush Oreos in food processor and add melted butter and sugar.
- Press mixture into bottom and part way up sides of springform pan.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to firm.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until well mixed. Set aside.
- Whip heavy cream and powder sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold and blend cream cheese mixture into whipped cream mixture.
- Add food coloring and peppermint into filling mixture.
- Pour/spread into pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- You can garnish with dollops of whipped topping and crushed peppermints if desired.