Chicken is an easy, tasty protein that is extremely versatile. You can flavor it with pretty much anything and it can be added to soups, salads, stir-fry and casseroles.
When you add to it casseroles, though, that same yummy chicken can dry out pretty fast. Even just cooking it in the oven can cause chicken to go rubbery and tough, which isn't exactly an appetizing meal.
However, there is a way to cook chicken in the oven without drying it out!
Tenting your chicken with foil allows it to steam, which keeps all the moisture in with the chicken. It also stops the skin or outer layer of your chicken from going rubbery.
If you don't believe us, just try this delicious breaded chicken recipe that is guaranteed to keep your chicken moist and tender, even if you throw it in a casserole!
What You'll Need
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Brush a casserole dish with melted butter, then place the chicken breasts in it, and brush with the remaining melted butter.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Cover with foil then bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.