News | Politics

What Bill O'Reilly Has To Say After Being Forced Out At Fox

After over two decades at Fox News, Bill O'Reilly has hung up his mic for good.

O'Reilly leaves the network with a check for $25 million- about a year's salary after being fired while on vacation.

When viewers tuned into Fox News on Wednesday night saw a whole new "Factor", after the former King of Cable News was dethroned.

After a spate of sexual harassment allegations the network cut ties with one of the biggest stars in cable news.

O'Reilly is now speaking out about his dismissal.

"It is tremendously disheartening that we part ways due to completely unfounded claims," O'Reilly said in the statement. "But that is the unfortunate reality many of us in the public eye must live with today."

But the reality is more than 6 women have accused O'Reilly of sexual harassment.

Earlier this month, The New York Times found that O'Reilly and Fox News had paid out $13 million to 5 women to settle sexual-harassment claims against the host.

As a result more than 50 companies have pulled ads from the show, hurting Fox New's revenue.

O'Reilly has repeatedly denied all the allegations against him.

The firing came as O'Reilly was on holiday in Italy where he shook hands with the Pope.

But this is a stunning downfall for the man who anchors the most lucrative broadcast on cable news.

"Over the past 20 years at Fox News, I have been extremely proud to launch and lead one of the most successful news programs in history, which has consistently informed and entertained millions of Americans and significantly contributed to building Fox into the dominant news network in television," O'Reilly said.

The program generated $178 million in ad revenue in 2015 alone.

Tucker Carlson will take over O'Reilly's 8 P.M. time slot and the show will air the rest of this week with guest hosts Fox News said.

Do you think his firing was fair?

Related Articles