My slow cooker is one of my most used appliances in the kitchen. Anything that reduces the amount of dishes I need to clean at the end of a meal is a winner in my eyes.
This Slow Cooker Baked Apples recipe uses a slow cooker to get everything baked, and saves on bowls with all the sweetness inside of an apple bowl, instead. Top it all off with ice cream and caramel once out of the slow cooker, and you’ve got a dessert that’ll be eaten up in no time!
- 5 baking apples (such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons butter (cold)
- Combine the brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a medium size bowl.
- Add the diced butter and gently combine by squishing the butter between your fingers. Small chunks of butter are fine. Set aside.
- Core the apples using an apple corer or paring knife. Make sure you don't cut all the way to the bottom, so the filling doesn't leak out. The bigger the hole the more filling you can stuff inside.
- Add ½ cup of water to the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by the apples.
- Stuff each apple to the top with the filling.
- Let cook for 1.5-2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- Halfway through, add more filling to each apple if desired.
- Once the apples are soft to the touch they're ready to serve.
- Serve by itself or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.