Sopapilla is a well-known Spanish fried pastry that is oh-so-good! This Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie borrows elements of the delicious dessert, and combines it with the ultimate confection - cheesecake!
It doesn’t get much easier than layering up refrigerated crescent roll dough with cheesecake filling and cinnamon and sugar. The finishing touch of honey is a sweet addition that your taste buds will love. This will be all the rage at your next get-together or potluck!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- Prepare a 9 1/2 inch pie dish with cooking spray.
- Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
- Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape it large enough to fit the dish. Press one piece into the bottom of a pie dish.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the pie dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough.
- Stir together 3/4 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Dot the mixture over the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. Cool completely in the pie dish before slicing.