You’ll love using your waffle iron for this! Nope - it’s not regular old waffles, it’s Ham and Cheese Hashbrown Waffles!
This recipe is great if you’ve got a few people over for breakfast (or anytime, really), as it makes quite a large batch! Even if it’s just you and another person, these are great reheated in the oven. You’ll love loading up on toppings (feel free to add anything you like!), throwing it in a waffle iron and chowing down! It’s seriously too easy making these delicious waffles.
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated hashbrown potatoes
- 8 ounces black forest ham, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine hash brown potatoes, ham, cheese, eggs, garlic, parsley, thyme and paprika; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour a scant 1/2 cup of the potato mixture into the waffle iron, close gently and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.