Put your doubts aside about food made in the microwave and give this recipe a try! Microwave Peanut Brittle is super simple, fast and - dare we say it - better than the stove-top version.
Unlike a lot of other brittles, this one is light and airy and doesn't get stuck in your teeth. Serve this at your next party for quick, tasty and easy dessert everyone will love.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Combine sugar and syrup in a microwave safe bowl, stir to combine.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, vanilla and peanuts and stir.
- Microwave the mixture again on high for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and quickly stir in the baking soda.
- Immediately pour the mixture onto parchment paper, aluminum foil or a Silpat.
- Spread the mixture into a rectangle and let cool for 1 hour.
- Once cooled, break into pieces and enjoy!