Easy bite sized summer appetizers and desserts are an absolute must for every get-together. This versatile treat can be made with any of your favorite fruits so get creative!
Fresh fruit with tangy citrus juice all held together with a sweet and crispy wonton cup will surely impress your guest. This all takes about 15 min to do so I’m sure you’ll impress yourself too!
For the wonton cups:
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon and sugar
For the strawberry salsa filling:
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, diced small
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced small
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out wonton wrappers and brush them lightly with the melted butter, then lightly sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture. Repeat on the other side of wonton wrappers.
- Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick spray and layer two wontons into each cup.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes, then carefully remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare your strawberry salsa in a medium bowl by mixing all ingredients together until well-combined.
- Fill each cooled wonton cup with strawberry salsa, then serve immediately.