Pretzels are one of those unexpected contenders when it comes to desserts - once you try a salty-sweet combo, you’ll be hooked!
These Salted Caramel Pretzel Pecan Bites are absolutely delicious, and it’s so simple to make a batch to share. You’ll love the salted caramel, the crunch from the pretzel and pecan, and who can resist chocolate?! Add some shredded coconut for another layer of flavor, and you’re set!
- 40 whole mini pretzels
- 40 caramels, unwrapped
- 10 ounces, Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 40 whole pecan halves
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Arrange the pretzels in neat rows on the pan, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped caramel. Place the pan into the oven for 6 minutes, or until the caramels are softened, then remove the pan from the oven.
- Gently press a pecan half onto each caramel, then set aside and cool completely.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate, coconut oil, cinnamon, and vanilla. You can do this on the stove top or in the microwave.
- When the caramel covered pretzels have cooled, remove them from the baking sheet.
- Place a few in the bowl of melted chocolate, stir them around to coat completely, then remove them one at a time, allowing excess chocolate to drip off; repeat until all pretzels have been dipped; transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Top wet chocolate with coconut, if desired.
- Allow chocolate coating to cool completely before serving.