Wonton cups are good for more than just wontons! They make perfect little appetizers, too! These Guacamole Shrimp Wonton Cups are packed with flavor and crunch that you’ll love!
Grill your shrimp for a little smokiness that you can’t beat, and then assemble your little cups! You might want to double up on these if you’re serving a party, they’ll go fast!
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
For the guacamole:
- 3 avocados
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 24-cup mini muffin tin or coat with nonstick spray.
- Fit a wonton wrapper into each of the 24 muffin tins, pressing carefully to make sure there is an opening in the center.
- Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While your wontons are baking, make the guacamole by combining the ingredients in a bowl until well mixed. You can make the guacamole creamier by mixing more or chunkier by mixing less.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, olive oil, garlic and cajun seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add shrimp to grill and cook, flipping once, until pink and opaque, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Fill each wonton with 1 tablespoon guacamole and 1 shrimp.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.