Cherry Cola works in so many desserts, but this Chocolate Cherry Cola Cake is the cherry on top of them all!
This treat is a great one to serve at any party or gathering, and it’s packed with cherries through and through - even in the frosting! You’ll love how decadent this one is - give it a try!
For the cake:
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 8 ounces cherry Coke
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries, drained and chopped (reserve ¼ cup of the liquid)
For the frosting:
- ⅓ cup butter, room temperature
- 4 ½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 18 fresh cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 cake pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix, cherry Coke, oil, eggs, vanilla, and reserved cherry juice until well-combined. Fold in the maraschino cherries, then pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with a few crumbs. Remove from the oven, then cool in the pan at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to make the frosting, start by beating the butter in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Slowly add in 2 cups of the powdered sugar, then add in the milk and vanilla, then the remainder of the powdered sugar. Beat in the marshmallow cream, then fold in the cherries until everything is well-incorporated. Frost the cake, serving with additional cherries as desired. Enjoy!