Spaghetti and meatballs has never been so fun...until now! Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes are the most delicious sweet treats you’ll come across, and they’re so easy to make!
Trick your friends and family with these scrumptious little cakes that look savory, but come out sweet! We piled on spaghetti (icing), sauce (strawberry coulis), and meatballs (Ferrero Rocher chocolates) and got serving! And don’t forget the Parmesan (white chocolate)! Keep scrolling to see how it’s done!
For the cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix, plus ingredients on the box
- 1 can white frosting
- Ferrero Rocher chocolate, for the meatballs
- A couple squares of white chocolate, for the Parmesan
For the strawberry coulis
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Red gel food coloring
- Start by making your strawberry coulis, as this will need to chill before decorating the cupcakes. In a medium saucepan, combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then transfer to a blender.
- Being careful to vent the lid so that steam can escape (so you don’t make a mess with the heat inside the blender), and covering the vent with a kitchen towel, puree until smooth, then strain. Dye coulis red using gel food coloring until it is at your desired color. Set aside in the refrigerator until room temperature or cool, about 30 minutes to an hour.
- While your strawberry coulis is cooling, prepare your cupcakes according to the box directions. Once baked, set aside to cool.
- Once your cupcakes are fully cooled, ice them with a thin layer of white frosting, then transfer the remainder of your icing to a piping bag with a small tip, size 2 or 3 if you are using Wilton. Pipe on your “spaghetti” over the thin layer of white frosting, working the frosting into long, curly “noodles.”
- Transfer your strawberry coulis to a squeeze bottle, or spoon on a small amount of coulis onto the noodles. Add one Ferrero Rocher chocolate on top, then squeeze or spoon out the coulis to cover the chocolate.
- Once all your cupcakes have been decorated, grate some white chocolate on top for “Parmesan.” Serve and enjoy!