Last year I had a hard time finding Cinco de Mayo themed donuts so this year I decided to make my own! Not being the best baker I stumbled across a recipe that was foolproof!
Starting with pre-made dough all the hard work is done, all you need to do is worry about the fillings! Deliciously smooth dulce de leche on the inside and cinnamon sugar outside with a rich chocolate dipped top! You’ll have a hard time eating just one!
- 2 package Pillsbury Country Biscuits
- ½ cup dulce de leche
- ½ cinnamon sugar
- canola oil for frying
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts
- Heat oil in fryer to 350 degrees
- Pull apart each biscuit. Fry 2-3 donuts at a time, turning over halfway through and drain on paper towels.
- Melt the dulce de leche on 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Pierce each donut with a knife and using a pastry bag, fill each donut.
- In a dish, combine the powdered sugar and cinnamon sugar and roll each donut in it.
- Melt chocolate candymelts in microwave (30 second intervals until smooth), dip the top of the donut.