The world has been going through so much turmoil lately. Headlines from the last few weeks serve as reminders of all the negativity that have been stemming from all corners of the globe and there seems to be little we can do to stop the wars and injustices.
There are a number of psychics and religious leaders predicting the impending end of the world based on its current bleak state. But for those who believe in Jesus and have a strong grasp of scripture, hope is never lost.
It is understood that although there was never a promise of an easy life, God reassured believers that He will help in times of struggle. As the Bible has reiterated in multiple instances, it may take some time but we are to trust God for He will lead us from despair and restore peace on earth and in our lives.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11.
So whether you're having a tough time understanding the rough state of the world or you're going through your own personal struggles, you can find encouragement and comfort in the Bible.
Here are 10 verses that will help you strengthen your faith during difficult and stressful times:
1. "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you." - Psalm 32:7-8
2. "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation." - Peter 4:12-13
3. "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." - John 14:27
Continue to the next page for more uplifting Bible verses.
4. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9-11
5. "For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock." - Psalm 27:5
6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6
7. "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." - Romans 12:12
8. "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." - Deuteronomy 31:8
9. "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
10. "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." - Psalm 46:1
Do you have a verse you turn to during hard times? We'd love to know!