If the saying you are what you think is something you believe to be true, then your thoughts have a very important role in the way you live your life.
One surefire way to translate your thoughts into action is by getting into the habit of regularly using affirmations, words and thoughts that help us be our best selves. By using positive affirmations you are "consciously choosing words that will either help eliminate something from your life or help create something new in your life," according to self-help coach and author Louise Hay.
Affirmations may be linked to spirituality but they have been scientifically proven to have amazing benefits to our overall well-being. By incorporating affirmations in our daily routine, there's an increase in the brain's dopamine levels and "positive thought" neurons.
Instead of just simply wishing things were different, you can talk yourself into changing things and live your best life with these 10 powerful affirmations:
1. Today is going to be a really good day.
2. I am tough and can handle whatever life throws at me.
3. I don't want to be around drama, conflict or stress. I want to be around happy people, have happy times and a happy life.
Click on the next page for more affirmations that'll help you live your best life.
4. I am the author of my life and I won't let anyone dictate my choices.
5. I am self-confident, courageous and acknowledge my own self-worth.
6. I don't have time to hate people who hate me because I'm too busy loving people who love me.
7. I am fully capable of turning my dreams into reality.
8. I am blessed with a great life, family and friends.
9. I am doing my best and that will always be enough.
10. I love and accept myself.
Do you use positive affirmations? Share your favorites in the comments!