We know that we don't know everything, but it's nice to know a little more than we knew yesterday.
Here are 10 facts that will turn your world upside down. Don't forget to impress your friends afterwards.
1. A car's rearview mirror has a daytime and a nighttime mode.
2. Adult bodies have two to nine pounds of bacteria.
3. Pirates wear eye patches so that they can see in both the light and in the dark.
Eye patches allowed pirates to see in areas with poor lighting without having to wait for their eye to adjust.
4. Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.
These sharp edges help them to cut through skin and layers of clothing.
5. Bees sting other bees; and when a male bee climaxes their testicles explode, which eventually leads to their death.
These next five will surprise you the most!
6. Frankenstein is the name of the scientist, not the monster.
Who is the true monster anyway?
7. You are not the same person you were seven years ago.
Every cell in your body is replaced by a new cell in that time.
8. Carrots were originally purple.
Purple carrots are also healthier for you.
9. A banana is a berry, but a strawberry isn't.
Eggplants, oranges, and grapes are also berries because they develop from one flower that has one ovary.
10. Antibiotics will not effectively fight against the flu, a cold, or other viruses.
The purpose of antibiotics is to treat bacterial infections, not viruses.
How many of these facts turned your world upside down? Let us know!