Ziploc bags come in all shapes and sizes. From the "snack" size for packing some raisins to "large freezer" bags, you can find one to suit just about any need. While we know that Ziploc bags are a great way to store food, they're actually a lot more versatile than you think. Whether it's in your home, or while you're out, these trusty bags come in handy when you least expect it.
Here are some other ways we have found to make use of these handy storage bags.
1. Wet a washcloth for an eco-friendly wet wipe
You never know when you will need to clean a messy hand or face, so keeping a wet washcloth in a Ziploc bag is a great way to avoid wasting money on wipes.
2. Make a DIY ice pack by freezing a wet sponge in a Ziploc bag
Bumps and scrapes are bound to happen, that's why it's always handy to have an ice pack on hand. Make your own with just a wet sponge and a Ziploc bag.
3. Organize chargers and wires in Ziploc bags to prevent tangling
Spring cleaning can't come soon enough! Individually package your chargers and wires to prevent them from getting tangled and get them within reach when you need them.
4. Put your phone in a Ziploc bag to prevent it from getting wet
Whether you're heading to the beach or it's a rainy day, pop your phone into a Ziploc bag to prevent it from getting wet.
5. Use them for packing
When you're packing for a weekend away, put your outfits inside large Ziploc bags to make it easier to get ready. When you're done you can even put your dirty clothes back inside, talk about working double duty!
6. Watch videos hands-free by 'mounting' your phone to the seat in front of you
This is genius. Stick your device in a plastic bag and hang it from the seat in front of you.
7. Use a square piece of cardboard in a Ziploc bag to protect small, important documents such as checks and receipts.
Protect those important papers from being ruined or wrinkled with the help of a Ziploc bag and some cardboard.
8. Make an 'adult' Capri sun drink in Ziploc bags
On those hot summer days, it's nice to take a drink by the poolside without worrying about something breaking. Try making a drink and putting it inside a Ziploc bag. Just pop a straw in and you're done!
9. Put any liquids you're traveling with in a Ziploc bag to prevent spilling in your luggage.
I do this every time I travel because the last thing I want is to have sunscreen or mouthwash all over my clothes. I also carry spare empty bags in case something gets missed or makes a mess. This has gotten me out of a pinch on more than one occasion.
10. Pack useful items like snacks and personal hygiene products to give to homeless people
This is a great way to do a good deed. Collect up those samples you get and will never use and put them in a Ziploc bag. Next time you come across a homeless person you will have it on hand to help them out during their rough time.
What's your favorite use of Ziploc bags?
Inspiration: Awesome Inventions