The United States of America is one of the few remaining "super powers." Our country often makes headlines around the world for any number of reasons, but there are still some little known facts about the US that will simply blow your mind.
1. The penny costs more to make than it is actually worth.
The penny actually costs 1.5 cents to produce and is good for virtually nothing. The only solution, scrap the penny. Why hasn't it happened?
2. In Delaware it's legal to get an annulment if you got married on a dare or as a prank.
The fact that this is actually a law begs the question, why?
3. An annual masturbate-a-thon is held in San Francisco for charity.
Not 100% sure what prompted this idea, but if it's for charity, why not?
4. There are 84 people in the United States named LOL
I guess people are truly running out of names to give to their kids.
5. 2.1 million Americans still use AOL dial-up internet.
Oh, first world problems.
6. In Hawaii, you can mail a coconut without using any packaging.
I feel like this could get out of hand pretty quickly. If I am ever in Hawaii, I am mailing coconuts to everyone in my family.
7. Montana has three times as many cows as people.
Not even a little bit surprised by this one. Montana does provide the world with some great steaks.
8. Kinder Eggs are illegal in the US because they pose a chocking hazard.
The popular children's treat, a toy inside a plastic tube wrapped in white and milk chocolate is apparently a danger to our young people.
9. In more than half of all US states, the highest paid public employee is a football coach.
Football is sacred to many Americans.
10. In Iowa, it's illegal for a man with a mustache to kiss a woman in public.
I think someone must have had a major case of mustache envy.
11. Giving kidnappers ransom payments is tax-deductible.
12. The US has more museums than Starbucks and McDonald's Combined
It's too bad they aren't visited more than Starbucks and McDonald's.
Did we miss anything? Let us know you wild and wacky American facts.