It might be cliche, but it is true: truth is often far stranger than fiction. That's why when you hear something that you just can't believe to be true you should always check on it before you discount it out of hand. These 12 facts will absolutely blow your mind once you read them.
1. 7% of humans to ever exist on this planet are currently alive right now.
2. The Guinness Book of World Records was created to help settle arguments in bars.
3. Humans don't actually develop kneecaps until they are 3 years old.
4. If you drop Silly Putty from really high up, it will shatter instead of bounce.
5. France executed someone by guillotine for the last time the same year that the first Star Wars movie came out.
6. An 18 inch pizza is actually more food than two 12 inch pizzas together.
These next six facts will leave you scratching your head.
7. There are more trees on earth than there are stars in our galaxy.
8. Oxford University is older than the Aztec empire.
9. In a room of 23 people, you have better than a 50% chance of sharing the same birthday with someone (not the year).
10. Betty White is older than the invention of pre-sliced bread.
11. Cleopatra lived closer to the time of Pizza Hut than she did to the building of the great pyramids.
12. One "day" on Venus in longer than one "year" on Venus. (for a full rotation of the planet versus a full rotation of Earth around the Sun).
Share this if these facts left you wondering what else is out there that you don't know.