If you love a good deal then Costco is the place for you. The warehouse store is popular for its unbeatable prices and markdowns on every day essentials that you can buy in bulk are hard to come by elsewhere.
Whether you're a seasoned member or you're just thinking about testing the waters, here are 15 little-known facts about Costco that will help improve your future visits:
1. You can get a full refund for your membership any time.
If you're unsatisfied with your shopping experience, you can cancel your membership at any time and get a full refund, no questions asked.
2. You can actually shop at the wholesale store without a membership.
There are lots of perks you can enjoy without having to sign up for a membership.
3. The wholesaler is technically the largest pizza chain in the country.
Costco isn't exactly a restaurant, but with 400 stores serving pizza, only Chuck E. Cheese and CiCi's have more locations. Many Costco stores even have a hotline just for pizza orders.
4. There is no limit on free samples.
You can go back as many times as you want for a sample, they won't judge.
5. The best deals are placed in the middle of the store.
Items on pallets in the middle of the store usually bear deep discounts.
Did you know Costco has a secret price code? Keep reading to find out how it works.
6. They have a secret price code.
Items ending in .00, .07 and .88 are in-store markdowns. Liquidations usually end in .97. If you spot an asterisk, it means that the item will no longer be sold once the current stock is gone.
7. You can enjoy free tech support for all electronics.
You'll never have to pay for tech support if you buy your electronic devices from Costco.
8. Costco has a travel program that offers members discounted trips to popular destinations like Disney World and Europe.
9. You can order personalized checks.
You can put your favorite design or even a photo of your pet as the background of your checks.
10. They offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all non-electronic products.
If you aren't pleased with your purchase, you can return it at any time. Yes, even after a few years of use.
11. The store layout is designed to make you walk down as many aisles as possible to find the items you need.
Did you notice there are no signs? Think of it as a scavenger hunt.
12. Costco employees enjoy great pay.
Unlike many other retailers, wages at Costco start at $11.50 per hour. Some even make upwards of $20. They also enjoy full benefits including 401(k)s, health, vision and dental.
13. The store's brand, Kirkland Signature, is named after Kirkland, Washington.
Kirkland, WA is home to Costco's corporate headquarters.
14. The warehouse's famous hot dog and soda combo has been priced at $1.50 for over 30 years.
The deal was introduced in the 1980s.
15. Costco was founded by a former Price Club employee.
Jim Sinegal left Price Club to start Costco in 1983. The two wholesalers later formed a merger to become one of the biggest companies in the world.
Did you learn something new about Costco?