Time makes fools of us all, but we just wish it didn't happen so soon! Do you ever catch yourself listening to your favorite song, then nearly have a heart attack when you remember what year it came out?
The fact is the world has changed a lot since we were young. These days toddlers know how to use the internet, but if you bring up Mr. Whipple nobody knows what you're talking about!
Take a look at this list of facts that will make you feel your age - if you're brave enough - and just keep reminding yourself that you're only as old as you feel.
1. Did you buy your kids the Harry Potter books?
The first one came out back in 1997, which means it's turning 20 years old later this year, so the boy wizard is almost old enough to vote. Other kids favorites from the same year include Pokemon and Teletubbies.
2. What were you listening to in 1980?
When the Irish rockers U2 released their first album Boy in 1980, they put 5-year-old Peter Rowen on the cover. 37 years later here's what he looks like today.
3. Speaking of getting older...
Kids born in the year 2000 could be graduating from high school this year.
4. But they won't be studying with an encyclopedia
The Encyclopedia Britannica used to be something every home in America was proud to own, but it actually stopped printing 5 years ago. Today, like pretty much everything else, it's online only.
5. Remember All In The Family?
If the show was rebooted today, the actor who played Archie Bunker's son-in-law Meathead (Rob Reiner) would be too old to play the family's dad. Caroll O'Connor was just 47 when the show started in 1971. Today, Reiner is 70 years old.
6. The show Magnum P.I. is 37 years old (and so is his car)
7. Remember when Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston were a couple?
That was more than 10 years ago. The couple split in 2005 after 5 years together, which is 2 years longer than his marriage with Angelina lasted.
Click the next page to learn how much TV has changed since you were young!
8. Just look at this People cover from 40 years ago
What a blast from the past! The magazine's list of news-makers and public figures included President Reagan, A-Team star Mr. T, Jennifer Beals from Flashdance and The Thorn Birds star Richard Chamberlain.
But can you remember who's on the bottom left? It's Vanessa Williams, the Miss America winner who caused a stir when Penthouse magazine published nude photos of her.
9. If you remember what this is, you're officially old
10. Because these days all this tech can fit into your pocket
11. Kids today can name everyone in this photo
Like it or not, the Kardashians have dominated reality TV for 10 years.
12. TV has definitely changed a lot
Do you remember watching Live! with Regis and Kathy Lee every morning? You may be surprised to learn that Kathy Lee left the show in 2000 - that's 17 years ago. Now things have changed again with the announcement that Ryan Seacrest is hosting.
13. And Fiends has been off the air for 13 years
14. All your other favorite shows have been over for a LONG time
It's been 20 years since Roseanne left the airwaves while Three's Company ended way back in 1984. And remember the Brady Bunch? If you remember watching a new episode of this show, it must have been at least 1974.
We've moved the scariest facts to the last page, so click if you dare!
15. Here's a scary thought:
The picture below is actor Dylan Minette, who's the star of the latest hit TV show 13 Reasons Why. You probably don't recognize him, but he's the new big thing in Hollywood.
Now, Minette is just 20 years old, which means that he's younger than the movies Forrest Gump, Toy Story and Jurassic Park.
The OJ Simpson murder trial, Christopher Reeve's horse-riding accident and Tiger Woods competed in his first major golf tournament the year before he was born. Feeling out of touch with pop culture yet?
16. And here's another scary thought
If the Simpsons children kept aging after the show premiered in 1989, here's what their ages would be this year.
17. Kids born in 2001 can drive this year (Yikes!)
18. The classic Dallas "Who shot J.R.?" episode aired 37 years ago
Spoiler alert: it was Kristin Shepard.
19. Kids today definitely have no idea what this is
20. Remember this classic speech?
President Reagan delivered it 30 years ago, and the Berlin Wall came down in 1989, which means anyone under 28 was born after it was destroyed (and probably doesn't remember why it was so important).
21. We're closer to the year 2030 than 2000.
How old will you be that year?
Share this post if it made you feel old!