Are cookies your usual go-to for Santa's late night snack on Christmas Eve? Well, we've got something new! Rice krispie Santa hats are a something new try with the same amazing taste as a freshly baked cookie. Try them out this year and be sure to make some extra's for yourselves!
- 6 cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispies
- 10 ounces of marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- red food coloring
- vanilla frosting
1. Use cooking spray to coat a 9 inch cake pan and set aside.
2. In a large pot, melt together butter and marshmallows.
3. Once melted, add in the red food coloring until you get your desired color of red.
4. Add in the rice krispies and mix together, then empty into the cake pan and allow to cool.
5. Once cooled, remove the rice krispies from the pan and cut into 8 equal triangle pieces.
6. Place the vanilla frosting into a piping bag, and add a snowball pom pom at the top, and a furry base of each triangle.