Are you getting bored of the same old recipes, and interested in trying something new? Look no further! Chicken Pot Pie Pizza delivers the same great taste we all know and love, but also gives it a new spin adding pizza into the mix! Try it today!
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup carrot, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 10 ounces refrigerated pizza dough
- 5 ounces rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, placing a 12-inch cast-iron pan in while it preheats.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon of oil, then cook the onion until slightly soft. Add in the carrot, celery, and peas, cooking another minute, then empty the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Returning the pan to the heat, stir together the flour and 1 tablespoon oil, cooking about 30 seconds, whisking constantly. Add in chicken stock slowly, continuing to stir. Bring up to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, making sure to whisk frequently until the mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll dough out into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured flat surface. Working very carefully, place the dough into the preheated pan, flattening it out to cover the bottom. Bake about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, then remove from oven.
- Turn the heat in the oven to broil.
- Spread ½ cup of the stock mixture on the pizza crust evenly, then add onion mixture, chicken, and cheese. Place back in the oven until cheese has melted, about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, then drizzle pizza with remaining stock mixture. Garnish with thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper.