Rice Krispie treats are a long-time favorite treat for kids and adults of all ages, and these Rice Krispies Ice Cream Sandwiches bring a special twist to the mix.
Whip up some standard Rice Krispie treats, but this time instead of marshmallows, we added peanut butter!
Allow these ooey gooey treats to set, then scoop in some ice cream to create an ice cream sandwich like no other. Serve these goodies up for a dessert that’ll be gone in a jiffy!
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups ice cream, very slightly softened
- Sprinkles, for dipping
- Prepare a 9x13 pan with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine corn syrup with peanut butter. Add in cereal, then continue stirring until well-combined.
- Firmly press mixture into prepared pan, ensuring it is evenly spread out. Freeze about 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Once firm, cut pressed cereal in half. Spread on half with softened ice cream, then top with the second half of cereal to make one large sandwich. Freeze 2 hours, or until firm.
- Cut large sandwich into smaller squares, then dip one side of each sandwich in sprinkles.
- Serve immediately, or store in aluminum foil or freezer bags in the freezer until needed.