Ya'll will be delighted! This simple ingredient slab pie makes a perfect little treat just like your Nan used to make!
With only a few simple steps, enjoy a late afternoon snack the whole family will love. God Bless America!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup room temp butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Using a large baking pan, lightly spray pan with pam and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar. Slowly add the butter, mixing well, until the mixture can be combined together to form a large ball.
- Place the newly formed dough into the prepared baking pan spread, pressing into the edges ensuring, keeping it as level as possible.
- Set pan in the fridge to cool and set for 15 minutes.
- Once set, bake for 20 mins or until lightly golden.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cornstarch and sugar until blended.
- Alternate adding in buttermilk and melted butter. Then add lemon juice, zest, nutmeg and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the filling into the baked pastry and bake for 35 minutes. The top should appear crusted, fluffy and slightly jiggly.
- Allow the filling to completely cool before cutting into squares.
- Cut into desired shape squares. Lightly dust with powdered sugar for that added special touch and SERVE!