Sometimes I crave dessert, but I just don't feel like baking up a pie or a cake! Who's got time for that on a weeknight?!
Apple Pie Bites to the rescue - these scrumptious little bites are packed with everything you love about apple pie! All you need is some crescent dough, brown sugar, nuts and an apple! Scoop up some ice cream and you've got some decadent dessert in a jiffy!
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (see recipe below), and additional apple pie spice (about ¼ teaspoon) for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.