Shepherd’s pie has always been a family favorite, so when I served this Bacon Cheeseburger Shepherd’s Pie, it was deemed a winner all across the board!
I mean, who doesn’t love the classic combination of bacon and cheese with comforting mashed potatoes? This will soon be a regular addition to your weekly meal plan.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cooked bacon, crumbled for garnish
- Green onions, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large pan, brown beef over medium-high heat with onions and garlic, stirring frequently, until cooked through. Drain any excess grease.
- Add in the condensed soup, ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire, stirring to fully combine. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Scoop the beef mixture into baking dish, then top with prepared mashed potatoes. Sprinkle cheese over evenly, then pop into the oven 5-10 minutes, until mashed potatoes are warmed and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then serve garnished with bacon and green onions. Enjoy!
Who will you be making this twist on a classic for?