Bacon makes everything better! No better proof than taking your favorite dish then adding bacon to it. In this case how about wrapping your favorite dish in an incredible amount of bacon!
Lasagna is on my table at least once a week, but never like this before. All the usual ingredients are present from the noodles all the way to the cheese! The only thing different is it's been wrapped in 2 packs of bacon! Let me tell you, this is next level indulgence and is a must try for any lasagna or bacon lover!
- 20-24 slices bacon
- Meat pasta sauce
- 3 fresh lasagna sheets
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella, grated and divided
- ½ cup parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Line your prepared loaf pan with bacon, creating a circular pattern, with one end of each bacon slice meeting in the middle, and the other ends fanning around the pan in a sun-shape.
- To make the ricotta filling, in a medium mixing bowl, stir together the ricotta, ½ cup of the mozzarella, parmesan, and 2 eggs until well-combined.
- Start assembling the lasagna by placing a lasagna sheet in the pan, then topping with one quarter of the meat sauce, one quarter of the ricotta mixture, a sprinkling of the remaining mozzarella. Repeat this 3 more times until all lasagna sheets have been used, and the top layer is mozzarella.
- Once all layers are in the pan, begin folding the ends of the bacon over to completely cover the top of the lasagna.
- Bake 45 minutes-1 hour, or until the bacon is crisp. Scoop out excess grease periodically while cooking. Let stand 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and slice. Enjoy!