Whoever said spiders aren't cute has clearly never made these cookies. Just look at these adorable little guys!
Spider Cookies are just what you need for your Halloween parties and events. They're delicious, adorable and easy to make. Serve them at Halloween parties, make them for your kids' bake sales, or just whip them up whenever you want.
Don't forget to share this recipe with all your Halloween loving friends!
If you don't have - or don't like - peanut butter cups, you can use Milk Duds or Whoppers instead.
A Hershey's Kiss will also do the trick.
Get the full list of ingredients and directions below to make our delicious spider cookies.
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Miniature Reese’s cups, unwrapped and frozen
- Candy Eyes
- Black decorating gel
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of sugar, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and stir.
- Take about a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Roll each ball in 1/4 cup sugar.
- Place the sugar coated dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and press a miniature Reese's Cup into the center of each. You want to do this while the cookies are still warm and soft.
- Place 2 candy eyes on each cookie and place in the fridge until cookies and chocolate are set.
- Using black decorating gel draw on the legs for your spiders.
- You cookies are now ready for you to enjoy!
Do you know someone who loves adorable Halloween treats? Make sure to share this recipe with them.
Watch our video below that shows you step by step how to make these Spider Cookies. Enjoy!