This apple season is still going and instead of making a whole apple pie why not just bake the apple whole?! Of course we will have to stuff it with something yummy as well!
Take a whole apple and get the core out without going all the way through, hard part done! Stuff it with chocolate, butter, walnuts and bake it just like that! Warm apples with a lava like surprise!
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by coring a hole into the top of each apple so you can fill them but leaving the bottom in tact so the filling can't run out.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, chocolate chips, and walnuts until they form small crumbs, then stuff mixture into the bottom of each cored apple.
- Place apples in a baking dish and sprinkle cinnamon evenly on top.
- Bake apples 15 minutes, or until sugar is beginning to caramelize and apples are tender.
- Serve with some ice cream, or as it is, slightly cooled. Enjoy!