Twice baked potatoes are my fav! But what should I stuff them with? Here’s a classic to get you started.
Twice Baked Broccoli & Cheddar Potatoes are a whole meal in in potato! Crunchy and vitamin enriched broccoli smothered in salty gooey cheddar cheese. Try different combinations and find your own favorite!
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place potatoes in a small baking dish and bake for 1 hour, or until soft. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once the potatoes are cool enough to safely handle, slice each one in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the potato pulp and place it into a large bowl, being careful to leave the skins intact. Rub the outsides of the potato skins with a little olive oil. Place the skins on the prepared baking sheet and set aside.
- Add the butter to the potato pulp and mash - using an electric mixer or a potato masher - until fairly smooth; add Greek yogurt, heavy cream, salt, pepper, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried onion flakes, dried dill, paprika, broccoli and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Divide the filling evenly among the potato shells then top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are heated through. Serve at once!