Bet you’ve never barbecued ice cream before! Here’s your chance, and I swear this method for BBQ Ice Cream Cake is foolproof and oh so simple!
All it takes is a little assembling and you’ll be eating a cold-on-the-inside, toasty-on-the-outside ice cream cake! Pound cake and meringue toast up on the outside protecting yummy ice cream bars on the inside...read on to find out how it’s all done!
- 1 standard pound cake, cold but not frozen
- Strawberry jam
- 2 Klondike bars
For the meringue:
- 8-10 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Cedar plank
- Preheat grill to the highest heat, or 500-700 degrees.
- Slice pound cake in half lengthwise. Spread strawberry jam generously over the inside of both halves. Add ice cream sandwiches in one layer on top of bottom half, then finish assembling with the top half of pound cake as the top layer.
- Place filled pound cake on a wooden board covered in a few layers of aluminum foil.
- Cover pound cake generously with prepared meringue, making sure to cover every inch and that there are no gaps on the bottom.
- Place meringue-covered pound cake on aluminum foil wooden board on the barbeque, then close the lid for a few minutes.
- Slice up and serve immediately.