Do you enjoy making Christmas ornaments from scratch? If so, here is a great idea that you can try out with the kids...Holiday Peppermint Ornaments! So simple to make, just be sure they end up on your tree and not in your tummy.
- peppermint candies
- metal cookie cutters
- parchment paper
1. Begin by spraying the inside of each cookie cutter you plan to use.
2. Lay the cookie cutters on to the parchment paper on a baking sheet, and place as many unwrapped peppermint candies inside (do not overlap the candies, it's okay if you see some gaps).
3. Place them in the oven for about 7 minutes at 350F.
4. As soon as you see they have melted, remove them from the oven and let them sit for about 2 minutes.
5. Take a toothpick and insert it at the top of the candy to create a hole to slide the ribbon through.
6. Finally, remove the cookie cutters and allow the ornaments to completely harden before threading on the ribbon to hang on the tree.