Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts hands down, so when we thought up this Very Berry BBQ Cheesecake, I was so excited! Cheesecake on the BBQ?! Yes, please!
It’s so easy to throw this together, with a homemade oatmeal crust and standard cheesecake filling, it’s the berries’ time to shine! Throw it on the BBQ and then chill it like you would a standard cheesecake for a deliciously creamy and fruity treat!
- 1 cup oatmeal cookies, crushed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries, fresh or frozen
- Prepare a 12x10-inch aluminum pan with nonstick spray. Preheat your BBQ at medium heat, keeping one area without flames to allow indirect cooking.
- In a food processor, blitz the oatmeal cookies until fine. Add in the melted butter and blitz again until it becomes a paste-like texture.
- Pour the mixture evenly into an aluminum pan and press in firmly to create a crust.
- Using a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is creamy and smooth. Add in the eggs, butter, and vanilla, then beat until well-combined and fluffy.
- Pour the honey into an even, thin layer on top of the crust. Add in half the fruit on top of the honey, then evenly spread in the cream cheese mixture. Add in the remainder of the fruit on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Place the prepared pan on the BBQ on the side without flames to cook indirectly for 30-40 minutes, or until set in the middle. Do not cover the aluminum pan, however make sure the BBQ lid is closed.
- Once set, cool cheesecake completely and then place in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold and top with additional fruit, if desired.