There's ice cream cones, waffle cones...pizza cones?! These savory cones are so easy to make (despite how complicated they may look), and they're so easily customized with your favorite toppings!
You don't need cone molds if you've had some trouble finding them, since you can form your own cones from aluminum foil in a pinch! Roll out some pizza dough, wrap around your cones, and bake! Fill these up to the top with sauce, cheese and toppings, stick "˜em in the oven a little longer, and you've got pizza in its most fun form!
- Metal cone molds or paper cone cups
- Aluminum foil
- Prepared pizza dough
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- Cone holder
- Pizza sauce
- Pizza toppings, such as pepperoni, bacon, or mushrooms
- Shredded cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. If you don't have a metal cone mold, wrap paper cone cups completely in foil, inside and out, or simply form your foil into a cone shape.
- Roll out any type of pizza dough you like, homemade or store-bought, on a clean surface to a 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into squares, the same width as the length of your cones.
- Place the cone molds at one corner of each square and carefully roll toward the opposite corner, so that the dough wraps around the mold completely. Press the edges gently against the cone to seal, making sure the tip and sides are completely sealed.
- Set the wrapped dough cones on a baking sheet with the open end down. Place them in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow the dough cones to cool to the touch, then carefully remove the molds.
- For the filling, place the cones in heatproof cone holders. If you don't have cone holders that can go into the oven, lay the cones on their side on a baking pan, however expect some of the toppings to spill out.
- Spoon pizza sauce into the cone, filling no more than halfway.
- Add a handful of toppings, such as pepperoni, bacon, mushroom, green peppers - anything you like!
- Fill the cone the rest of the way with mozzarella cheese, or a combination of shredded cheeses.
- Top the cheese with a sprinkling of desired toppings.
- Place the cones (in the cone holders) in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese melts and starts to turn slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve them hot.