Let me introduce you to this delicious Black Forest Cheesecake Pie! It's basically a combination of so many super yummy desserts that it's impossible not to love it!
Not only is it really tasty, but it's super easy to make. It may look difficult with the different layers of cheesecake but it comes together in a snap - perfect for when you need to make a dessert on short notice!
I served this at a family BBQ and everyone thought it was great. A few people even asked me for the recipe, so it's safe to say it's a winner!
If you don't like cherries you could substitute the cherry pie filling for whatever flavor you prefer OR you could try topping it with fresh fruit. It's really delicious no matter how you modify it!
Scroll down to see the step-by-step instructions for how to make this delicious dessert!
Start by beating together the cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Add the vanilla and sour cream to the cream cheese and beat until combined.
Next fold in the cool whip.
Pour half the mixture into a prepared chocolate pie crust.
Take the remaining mixture and add the cocoa powder and powered sugar. Beat until combined.
Pour this over top of the first layer in the pie crust and spread out evenly.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
When it's ready to serve, spread the can of cherry pie filling over top of the chocolate layer.
Your pie is now ready to be served! Enjoy!
See the easy-to-read directions below. Let us know how it turns out!
- pre-made chocolate crust
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- â…“ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces of cool whip
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in vanilla and sour cream, then continue to beat until combined. Fold in cool whip.
- Pour half the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- With remaining half of the mixture, add in the coca powder and powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Pour over the first layer, and spread out evenly.
- Cover and allow to refrigerate overnight.
- Add the can of cherry pie filling over top of the chocolate layer. Spread evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do you know someone who would love this dessert? Make sure to share this recipe with them!
See our video below of how to make this delicious pie!